Saturday, December 25, 2021

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM LONGBOX JUNK!

 Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all!



I'd like to take this opportunity to thank each and every person who spends a bit of their valuable time here reading my ramblings about comic books that nobody ever asked me to write.

I'll tell you true, folks. . .life in America is getting a little strange to say the least.  And trust me, it's gonna get worse.  There's some pretty important political stuff that's going to be happening in 2022, and it's sure to make the cracks between us grow even wider than they are now.  Worse, there's going to be NO way to escape it without going completely off the grid.  

BUT. . .

I want to ask anyone reading this to try not to let these things consume their lives.  There are other things besides politics and pandemics to shift your gaze to from time to time.  That's right. . .I'm talkin' about comic books!

"Come ON!" You mutter in my general direction. "Comic books? At a time like THIS?"

YES! Exactly at a time like this!

Look.  I'm not gonna try to downplay the importance of this or that.  I'm just asking that you take a break every now and then.  Take a deep breath. . .step back.  Head on over to your local comic shop.  

Get over there with those back issue boxes.  Get down on the floor (Trust me. . .the best stuff is ALWAYS on the bottom row, where people are too lazy or self-conscious to get down there).  Start digging.  Just relax! Have some FUN!  The politics and whatnot will still be there waiting for you later on.  They aren't going anywhere.

This is my Christmas wish for everyone reading this right now:  Don't forget to have a little fun next year.  Maybe not comics. . .maybe something else.  That's fine.  Do what makes you happy, but PLEASE don't let your life sink completely down into the darkness and the drama that is life in the 2020's.

I'll be right here to help with that in my own small way.  Nobody asked me to, but here I am anyway.

Longbox Junk 2022! Where the comics are cheap and the reviews are free!

Be there or be square!

No comments:

Post a Comment