Monday, January 1, 2024

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM LONGBOX JUNK!

 Another year gone, another one yet to come!  I thank each and every reader of Longbox Junk for taking a bit of their precious time to visit.  I know I've been getting off track and somewhat random with the timing of posts, and I resolve to try and swing back the other way at least a little bit in 2024.

But more importantly, I wish each and every one of you a very happy healthy, peaceful, and prosperous new year in 2024!


THAT SAID. . .

Now, as I do, I'd like to take a few moments and think a little deeper about the year to come.  If you're not the kind to enjoy a "message" then just stick with everything above the picture and consider this your disclaimer.

Everyone in that's staying in?  Okay, then. Let's do this.

You know it.  I know it.  EVERYBODY knows it.  

2024 is gonna be a rough year, and don't let anyone tell you different.  It's an election year, and, as usual, a lot of people are acting like the United States is going straight to hell in either a Commie Liberal OR a Fascist Conservative handbasket. It doesn't matter WHO wins the election, nobody's going to be happy about it.  

But before that even happens, we're going to be treated to a pretty solid year of wall to wall political screeching from every direction.  God, I hate election years.  They bring out the absolute WORST in people.  Politics is ALL that gets talked about.  The divisions plaguing our nation just get magnified to the point that one would think we're on the verge of a shooting war, if you watch too much cable news.

Now don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying politics aren't important. They ARE important.  I'm politically involved.  If you don't know, I'm an Independent voter leaning conservative.  I'm educated on what's going on, and I'm politically active in various causes.  But that doesn't mean that I think politics are the ONLY thing.  And THAT'S what 2024 is going to try and convince each and every one of you. . .that politics are the ONLY thing.

Listen. . .no matter what ANYONE says, politics aren't all there is.  They're important, but it's also important to step back and relax sometimes.  Take a breath.  Look around.  Try to find something else for a little bit.  Don't let politics consume you. 

Whether it's comic books, games, time with the family, or WHATEVER else you like doing, I want you to do it.  Don't let politics take over.  I know I need a break now and then, and I want you to do the same.  It can be hard, with everyone just SO focused on politics, but just do me a favor and take a time out sometimes.  

You know what you COULD do, right? Longbox Junk is right HERE!  Just a suggestion.  Take five or ten minutes to read a comic review nobody asked me to write.  Even if it's NOT Longbox Junk, do SOMETHING every day for a few minutes to clear your mind a bit and keep the perspective from narrowing until politics is the only thing in view.

But enough of that.  I don't want to seem like I'm trying to tell people what to do.  I'm just concerned with how politics are becoming a bigger and bigger part of life, and I HAVE seen people who have become consumed by them to the point that they don't even seem like the same people I once knew.

And so, once again I wish all of you a healthy, happy, peaceful, and prosperous 2024!

Up Next?

LONGBOX JUNK!!

Be there or be square.

No comments:

Post a Comment